The Community Environmental Development Fund is a capital fund and is open for new applications to improve street scene furniture; renew, improve or create a capital asset, or improve the appearance of the borough.
Application forms and guidance can be downloaded from thurrock.gov.uk/cedf
- meet a community need
- be value for money
- make a positive difference to the community
- be sustainable
- not require additional on-going financial commitments.
The applicant group must be able to raise 10% of the total capital cost as a match fund to the main grant.
Last year the fund helped 10 organisations to make improvements including:
- a new workshop to support people with mental health needs to access activities, groups and training
- improved facilities at Grays Beach Park.
Application workshops are being held to provide further information on the grants programme and how to apply. The dates and times for these sessions are:
- Corringham Library â?? Monday 5Â March, from 2pmÂ toÂ 3:30pm
- The Fondu Sports CentreÂ â?? Friday 16Â March, from 10amÂ toÂ 11:30am
- Committee RoomÂ 2, Civic Offices, Grays â?? Monday 19Â March, from 6pmÂ toÂ 7:30pm
Up to two representatives from organisations can attend any session. To pre-register, email email@example.com
The application deadline is 5pm, Friday 25Â MayÂ 2018.