Band 5 Staff Nurse
Salary£23,023 - £29,608 per annum
LocationThurrock Hospital, Grays, RM16 2PX
TypePermanent Full time
Posted byNHS Jobs
Date Posted14 Mar
REGISTERED NURSE - INPATIENT MENTAL HEALTH
BAND 5 + HCA supplement fringe
HOURS: FULL TIME
37.5 hours per rota (including unsocial hours)
OLDER PEOPLE ASSESSMENT AND TREATMENT UNIT
MEADOWVIEW WARD, THURROCK COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse RMN to be part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team working at our older adult inpatient ward based at Thurrock Hospital.
Meadowview ward is a 24 bed acute admission and assessment unit for older people suffering from mental health problems where the problems are deemed to be such that admission to hospital is the only safe option.
The ward provides an MDT approach to assessment of clients with a diagnosis of dementia based on the recovery model. The main emphasis of service at Meadowview is clients with a dementia type illness. Each of our clients will be allocated a named nurse within 24 hours of admission, who will then be responsible for developing a comprehensive care plan based on assessment and research based practice to meet the individual’s needs. Part of this process involves working with the individual, their family and carers and other professionals involved with the person to maximise inclusion and ownership of the agreed plan.
We offer a service which is provided by a team that shares the workload fairly, acknowledges individual abilities and skills and recognises the individual staff member’s responsibility when providing care. Staff support and supervision are integral to our service. The Ward team is multidisciplinary, consisting of Nurses, Consultant Psychiatrist, Clerical staff, domestics, Physio therapy staff and occupational therapists with close liaison with Social Services, and other related disciplines.
An understanding of the Recovery Model approach is required, taking into account the needs of families and carer’s, whilst working under the direction of senior staff.
Thurrock Hospital has close transport links to London and the surrounding areas, plus easy access to the M25 and A13 with free parking on site.
We are looking for motivated staff who share our Trust values of Positive, Welcoming, Respectful, Involving, Kind and Accountable. In return EPUT can offer you a range of benefits including;
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including Childcare Vouchers, lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Season Ticket Loans
- Participation in the Working Longer Review supporting staff to work longer
- NHS discounts for staff
- Weekly health & wellbeing articles
- Equality and Diversity Sub-Groups where staff can raise issues relating to equality at work
- Equality Champions who are there to support other staff requiring support at work
- Occupational Health and Counselling providers which includes 24 hour counselling support line for staff and access to a wide range of support and advice about a range of issues including finance and debt, consumer rights, housing, welfare and family rights and domestic violence
- Active members of a range of national bodies which support health and wellbeing of the workforce (Age UK, Stonewall, Disability Two ticks, Mindful Employer)
- An active Staff Side Body to represent staff issues and a range of recognised staff/professional unions.
- Successful achievement of the National IIP Health and Wellbeing Award
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities, working closely with a number of Universities to support staffs professional development
- Feature in the top 100 employers index for HSJ
Should you need any further information regarding out Trust, please visit our website.