Emergency Nurse Practitioner | NELFT NHS Foundation Trust
Salary£33,222 - £43,041 pa (plus HCAS) pro rata
LocationOrsett, RM16 3EU
TypePermanent Full time
Posted byNELFT NHS Foundation Trust
Date Posted07 Feb
The post holder will be expected to work collaboratively with key partner organisations, service users, carers, clinicians and other practitioners within the multi-disciplinary team in delivering services within an Urgent Care setting in a widely diverse locality. The Urgent Care Centre provides a 7-day a week, 24-hours a day service for 365 days a year working shifts, where appropriate and operationally required with the aim to avoid hospital admission through clinical assessment or streaming to primary care/acute services when possible.
The successful candidate will have Advanced Nurse Assessment Skills and experience of working in an autonomous role; experience of leadership and people management; and experience of service development, change management and implementation of Clinical Governance.
The post will also include dedicated time for additional responsibilities, including managing a team of 19 MIU staff, driving change, service re-design and developing policies and procedures for the service.
The specific requirements of this post include the following as essential criteria.
• Registered Nurse
• Consultation and Diagnostics Qualification
• Emergency Nurse Practitioner Qualification
• Non-Medical Prescribing Qualification is a desirable element of the role as it strengthens the aim of treating the patient closer to home
The vacancy is a part time post 30 hours a week, covering a Monday to Sunday shift pattern Monday to Friday only .
The main responsibilities of the post:
1. To provide high quality care for the people of South-West Essex
2. Work as a role model for colleagues and junior staff and students
3. Work as part of a supportive team within the wider remit of Unplanned Care.
The UCC will welcome applications from competent band 6 nurses with skills in assessment to take up development roles. The successful candidates will be required to complete nonmedical prescribing as part of their development.
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).
At NELFT we set very high standards to ensure we provide quality services. We require prospective employees to carry out an online literacy and numeracy test, equivalent to NVQ Level 2. For more information regarding our assessments, please visit our website. If you are shortlisted, invited for interview and successfully offered the post, you will be required to undertake an assessment for these skills during the pre-employment checks.
Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focussing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex.
High Cost Area Supplement – Essex
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 5% of the basic salary (with a minimum of £1,000 to a maximum of £1,733)
This advert closes on Thursday 21 Feb 2019
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.
Email this job: