FLT driver, Counterbalance / Reach Fork Lift Driver
Salary9.34 GBP per hour
LocationDartford, Kent, rm17 6lu
TypeContract Full time
Posted byManpower UK
Date Posted13 Sep
Position: Warehouse Operative
Directly reports to: Branch Manager / Warehouse Co-ordinator (if applicable)
Directly Responsible for: None
Primarily to provide effective warehouse operation duties for business in the Northfleet branch & sales area. Duties will include but not be restricted too; the correct storage of stocked goods, the continual rotation of stocked items, the picking and preparing for dispatch of customer / transfer orders, the safe loading & unloading of vehicles, the close monitoring of stocks, maintaining good housekeeping of the warehouse area and generally working within systems & procedures laid down by the Company.
- At all times; to adopt, encourage and enforce the company core values and principles.
- To receive and accurately process in accordance with Company procedures all Goods-in, checking them for quantity and quality, progressing them to completion (including the 'booking in' of goods if trained & instructed to do so) and to the complete satisfaction of your BM.
- To receive and accurately process in accordance with Company procedures all site picking lists, checking picked items for accuracy, quantity and quality, progressing them to completion (including the 'booking out' of goods if trained & instructed to do so) and to the complete satisfaction of your BM.
- To store away all stock goods in a safe, proper and good manner. Operation may / can include; manual handling, climbing up and down safety steps, the use forklift trucks (both Reach and / or Counterbalance), pallet trucks.
- To Pick / Pack goods for dispatch, at all times checking accuracy, correct goods, quantity and quality of goods. Operation may / can include; manual handling, climbing up and down safety steps, the use forklift trucks (both Reach and / or Counterbalance), pallet trucks.
- The safe loading and unloading of vehicles. Operation may / can include; manual handling, climbing up and down onto lorries, the use forklift trucks (both Reach and / or Counterbalance), pallet trucks.
The successful individual will have:-
- Experience of working in a similar role and / or warehouse environment
- Possess industry / product knowledge (not always essential as training will be given)
- An NVQ 2 in Warehouse & Storage (would be an advantage but is not essential)
- Forklift Truck experience (either / both Counter-balance and / or Reach). Current licences would be an advantage but not essential as in-house training will be provided.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written (English being the company's Group preferred Business language)
- The ability to follow instructions, to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Good housekeeping skills
- Able to work effectively as a part of a team but also independently
- To be proactive, accurate, flexible and willing to learn new skills
- Be self-motivated
- Have good knowledge of local and surrounding area (for deliveries)
- Would be advantageous to have or have experience of (however not essential) EFAW Certificate, Fire Warden training
The successful individual can expect:-
- A competitive industry basic salary (living wage agreement guaranteed)
- 25-days fully paid holiday leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Corporate workwear / PPE issue including safety footwear
After the successful completion of a 12-week probationary period
- Company sick pay (up to a max 12wks full pay in any rolling 12 month period)
- Contributory Company pension scheme
- Death in Service insurance
- Long service awards