Health Visitor | NELFT NHS Foundation Trust
Salary£28,050 - £36,644 p.a. pro rata (plus HCAS)
LocationSouth Ockendon, Thurrock, RM15 5LP
TypePermanent Part time
Posted byNELFT NHS Foundation Trust
Date Posted08 Feb
We are looking for a highly motivated Health Visitors to develop and deliver universal and early intervention services for children aged 0-5 and their families using an integrated model of working across professional and organisational boundaries
• Based in Thurrock, the post holder will be part of a multidisciplinary 0-19 skill mix team within working within a corporate case load in a defined geographical area..
We will accept applications from students completing SCPHN training in December 2018.
The main responsibilities of the post:
• To promote good team working through the use of excellent communication skills, in order that team objectives are understood and achieved. To promote integrated working across universal and early intervention services.
• To support service development, standard setting, clinical audit and benchmarking, deliver a high quality, needs-led, safe and effective service to all client groups.
• To develop and deliver collaborative working arrangements with Children’s Centres and schools that support healthy outcomes for children, young people and their families, and facilitate partnership working across Children’s Centres, schools and other partner organisations.
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).
At NELFT we set very high standards to ensure we provide quality services. We require prospective employees to carry out an online literacy and numeracy test, equivalent to NVQ Level 2. For more information regarding our assessments, please visit our website. If you are shortlisted, invited for interview and successfully offered the post, you will be required to undertake an assessment for these skills during the pre-employment checks.
Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focussing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex.
High Cost Area Supplement
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 5% of the basic salary (with a minimum of £1,000 to a maximum of £1,733).
This advert closes on Friday 22 Feb 2019
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.
Email this job: