TypeContract Full time
Posted byHarris Federation
Date Posted22 Oct
We are looking for a qualified primary teacher to join our strong and supportive team, covering maternity leave in one of our wonderful KS1 classes.
What we are looking for:
• QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree
• Someone who can model and disseminate high quality teaching pedagogy and practice to secure consistently good or outstanding teaching and learning for our children
• A person with the potential and ambition to undertake phase or core subject leadership
• A commitment to ongoing professional development
• Someone who will contribute to the wider life at the academy
• A teacher who will maintain a dynamic and inspiring learning environment
• Innovation, high levels of motivation and eagerness to take a lead
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of our staff team
As a teacher with the Harris Federation, you will receive a generous benefits package, including a Harris Allowance on top of MPS/UPS, pension scheme (TPS), Harris wellbeing cash plan and additional Harris benefits.
About Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred
Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred is a three-form entry academy with 52-place nursery located in the heart of Chafford Hundred: a modern development bordering Lakeside and Thurrock, serving a vibrant and diverse community. Chafford Hundred has good links to central London as well as being accessible from Kent and Essex. The school was graded as Good by Ofsted in May 2014 and is now on the pathway to securing outstanding provision for all pupils.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred?
• An ambitious, successful and vibrant place to work, with children who are bright, confident and eager to learn
• A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children
• A senior leadership team that is highly committed to developing others
• All the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
• Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Applicant Pack.
For more information, or to arrange a visit or a confidential discussion with the Principal, please contact the academy on 01375 484490 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Harris Federation offers exceptional opportunities for personal and professional development. No matter what stage you are at or what job you do, we will support and develop your skills, with our Teaching School delivering outstanding courses for staff at every level, including NPQML, NPQSL, NPQH and beyond.
As part of Harris, you will have the opportunity to progress within a close regional network, with regular opportunities for promotion available both within the academy and across the Federation.
We have a highly experienced team of leaders, including executive principals, mentors and subject specialists, all committed to supporting your career and developing your skills as a teacher.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.