LGV Driver (CE/Class 1)
Salary31373.0 GBP per year, benefits
LocationGrays, Essex, RM20 3AA
TypePermanent Full time
Posted byCo-op Group
Date Posted13 Mar
LGV Driver (CE/Class 1)
40 hour contract - working 5 days over 7 (with flexibility to work 4 days over 7 during the summer period)
Start times between 9.30am - 11am
£31,373 p/a + benefits
We're looking for LGV drivers to join our team in Thurrock. As a Co-op driver you'll help to keep our customers happy by making sure products are delivered to stores at the right time. In return we'll provide you with a safe, supportive work environment that offers real work/life balance, as well as a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Our site in Thurrock is a modern distribution centre (DC) servicing more than 650 stores across the south of England. As a driver you'll transport products safely from the DC to stores in the region, helping to offload stock in to the warehouse when you arrive.
What you'll do:
* deliver stock from the DC to stores in the region in a safe, professional and cost effective way
* drive safely, obeying the rules of the road and following the correct Co-op procedures
* positively represent the Co-op out on the road at all times
* treat other road users and pedestrians with respect
* provide an efficient and supportive delivery service, helping to offload stock into stores
* make every effort to deliver stock safely despite the weather conditions
This role would suit people who have:
* a CE category (old class 1) LGV drivers licence
* previous experience as a driver (particularly long distance commercial deliveries)
* good service skills with the ability to represent Co-op positively on the road
* the ability to work positively with Co-op customers and colleagues
* great organisation and time management skills
As a Co-op colleague you'll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You'll also get a package that includes:
* a competitive salary
* 21 days holiday (rising to 27 in line with service) excluding bank holidays
* an annual incentive scheme
* discounts on Co-op products and services
* a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive work environment
We're actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you'll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.