Senior Technology Specialist - Server Engineer
Salary£33,920 to £41,732 per year
LocationGrays, Essex, RM17 6SL
TypePermanent Full time
Posted byThurrock Council
Date Posted14 May
Thurrock is a progressive council with an ambitious digital strategy. We are looking for a senior technology specialist to work as part of our Infrastructure team to ensure that we can support the Council's daily operations.
Alongside contributing towards ensuring the infrastructure has capacity to meet current and planned future needs with services available within the defined SLA you will also:
- Be a subject matter expert for providing advice and guidance.
- Develop low level designs for infrastructure technology solutions.
- Develop business cases, supporting Business Analysts to ensure appropriate technology solutions are defined at an early stage.
- Lead installation and testing of new versions of infrastructure hardware, software, and firmware.
- Liaise with external and internal suppliers for both the provision and repair of infrastructure services.
- Define solutions within projects, and be responsible for delivering large and small discrete pieces of change work (e.g CCRs).
You will have gained the following key skills and experience to be successful in the role:
- Advanced knowledge virtualisation technologies, specially VMware
- Advanced knowledge messaging technologies Specifically Exchange 2010
- Advanced knowledge Implementing and maintaining SCCM
- Feasibility analysis around how realistic the requirements are in terms of business ROI, effort, time, and costs.
- Advanced knowledge of Citrix technologies
- Advanced Active Directory knowledge
- SLA management
- Experience of Supplier Management (3+ Years)
- Project/Work stream Management(3+ Years)
- Experience of adhering to and implementing IT strategies(3+ Years)
- Maintaining a virtualised environment(4+ Years)
- 3rd line Support of a large Wintel and virtualised environment
To view the Job Profile and Person Specification please follow the link below:
Our vision - Thurrock: a place of opportunity, enterprise and excellence where individuals, communities and businesses flourish.
Thurrock Council is committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Job share applications are also welcome. Most departments operate a system of flexible working hours.
We serve a diverse community where people are different yet equal. Diversity underpins everything we do.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.