Salary£23,023 - £29,608 per annum
LocationGrays, RM16 2PX
TypePermanent Full time
Posted byNHS Jobs
Date Posted14 Mar
REGISTERED NURSE - INPATIENT MENTAL HEALTH
BAND 5 + HCA supplement fringe
HOURS: FULL TIME
37.5 hours per rota (including unsocial hours)
OLDER PEOPLE ASSESSMENT AND TREATMENT UNIT
GLOUCESTER WARD, THURROCK COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse RMN to be part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team working at our newly relocated and refurbished older adult inpatient ward based at Thurrock Hospital.
Gloucester ward is a 22 bedded inpatient facility which provides care to older people, over the agency of 65, suffering from mental health problems where the problems are deemed to be such that admission to hospital is the only safe option.
We offer a service which is provided by a team that shares the workload fairly, acknowledges individual abilities and skills and recognises the individual staff member’s responsibility when providing care. Staff support and supervision are integral to our service. The Ward team is multidisciplinary, consisting of Nurses, Consultant Psychiatrist, Clerical staff, domestics, Physio therapy staff and occupational therapists with close liaison with Social Services, and other related disciplines.
An understanding of the Recovery Model approach is required, taking into account the needs of families and carer’s, whilst working under the direction of senior staff.
Thurrock Hospital has close transport links to London and the surrounding areas, plus easy access to the M25 and A13 with free parking on site.
We are looking for motivated staff who share our Trust values of Positive, Welcoming, Respectful, Involving, Kind and Accountable. In return EPUT can offer you a range of benefits including;
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including Childcare Vouchers, lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Season Ticket Loans
- Participation in the Working Longer Review supporting staff to work longer
- NHS discounts for staff
- Weekly health & wellbeing articles
- Equality and Diversity Sub-Groups where staff can raise issues relating to equality at work
- Equality Champions who are there to support other staff requiring support at work
- Occupational Health and Counselling providers which includes 24 hour counselling support line for staff and access to a wide range of support and advice about a range of issues including finance and debt, consumer rights, housing, welfare and family rights and domestic violence
- Active members of a range of national bodies which support health and wellbeing of the workforce (Age UK, Stonewall, Disability Two ticks, Mindful Employer)
- An active Staff Side Body to represent staff issues and a range of recognised staff/professional unions.
- Successful achievement of the National IIP Health and Wellbeing Award
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities, working closely with a number of Universities to support staffs professional development
- Feature in the top 100 employers index for HSJ
Should you need any further information regarding out Trust, please visit our website.