The operation, involving Essex Police, the Road Safety team at Thurrock Council, and Customs and Excise, issued 39 tickets and seized 5 vehicles for a variety of offences.
Of the tickets issued:
- 13 were for not wearing a seatbelt
- 10 were for drivers using mobile phones
- 5 were for motorists found to be driving without insurance
- 6 were for driving without MOT
- 5 were for other offences.
Portfolio Holder for Highways, Cllr Brian Little said: "These joint efforts are incredibly important in demonstrating that we all take road safety extremely importantly.
"I really commend everybody involved for preserving through a 24 hour event on a Saturday for the sole purpose of keeping the wider community safe.
"Let this continue to be a warning to those who disregard the law when driving on our roads. This will not be the last of these events â?? more will follow."